Blog post coming soon!Read More
We all know smoking is very harmful to our health but giving up can be hard. But you too can stop smoking with Wallyford Pharmacy’s Stop Smoking: Quit Your Way Service.
Smoking rates are dropping faster than ever and not smoking is the social norm. However, there are still more than 7 million adults who smoke in the UK.
Did you know? You’re more likely to smoke if you have a manual job than a desk job.
Even people who really want to quit can find it hard.
That’s because the nicotine found in tobacco is very addictive and creates withdrawal symptoms and cravings. And it’s the withdrawal from the nicotine that makes quitting smoking hard. Common withdrawal symptoms include:
– Urge to smoke
– Weight gain
– Concentration problems
– Get support from friends by asking them to smoke around you.
– Don’t replace cigarettes with food – go for a five-minute walk instead of your cigarette break to reduce your cravings.
– Save the money you would have spent on cigarettes in a jar so you can see your progress.
– Stay positive – every day without a cigarette is a good thing.
– E-cigarettes may help to quit smoking but are not a risk-free alternative.
– You can also use different therapies to help you quit such as hypnotherapy, acupuncture, or counselling. Find what works for you.
Our pharmacist is an Accredited Stop Smoking Advisor and can give you counselling about stopping smoking. Plus we can issue you with the appropriate anti-smoking products from the pharmacy.
The anti-smoking products we can provide include nicotine replacement patches, chewing gum, nasal sprays and, if appropriate, we will prescribe Champix (varenicline) tablets to help relieve the craving and withdrawal symptoms associated with stopping smoking.
Giving up cigarettes is one of the best things to do for your health. Wallyford Pharmacy is here to help you quit smoking for good.
So, contact the pharmacy or drop in to see us for more information about our stop smoking: quit your way service.
Choosing Wallyford Pharmacy will make getting your meds hassle-free by:
– Sending you text or email reminders when you need to order your repeat prescriptions.
– Letting you order your repeat prescriptions online – whenever and wherever you want.
– Giving you prescription status updates so you don’t have to call us.
– Sending you notifications when your meds are ready to collect.
– 24-hour prescription collection service using our Pharmaself24 collection system at Bankton Pharmacy.
Wallyford Pharmacy is a modern prescribing pharmacy that embraces the many ways to make accessing our services more convenient for you. Plus, we love using innovative technology that is improving how we all access healthcare.
So, register online today and make getting prescriptions better.
“5 stars – Always friendly and helpful”
“Brilliant service, should’ve moved to that chemist years ago!!”
“They all do a great job very happy and efficient”